Surveys from the College Years
Check out these old ones below.
- Name: Brooks Shannon
- Age: 19
- What I Look Like: pictures
- Things I Like: Quiet, relaxing moments, Java (both the laguage and the drink), C++, HTML, cars (My old LTD rocked!),
good music, good food (meaning Italian, Mexican, and Chinese food of course!), camping, reading, stargazing, sleeping, mountain biking,
- Things That Suck: mushrooms, messy rooms, trying to start your old LTD in the dead of winter, people obsessed with fitting in, censorship, tuna casserole,
illegal operations in kernel32.dll, car repairs, forced into having to socialize, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, etc
- What I Do For Fun: drive, mountain bike, chill with friends, party
- Pet: cat, Romeo
- Pet Peeves: wasting time, uproductivity, people with a gross lack of common sense, people that insist on talking while I'm watching TV or a movie
- Favorite Movies: Braveheart, The Big Lebowski, The Matrix, Pulp Fiction, Contact, and more
- Most Watched TV Channels: CNBC, The Weather Channel, The History Channel, VH-1
- Favorite Writers: Stephen King, Ayn Rand, Kim Stanley Robinson, TS Eliot
- Places I've Lived: Bismarck, ND, Eureka, CA, Fargo, ND
- Favorite Computer Games: Need For Speed III, SimCity 2000/3000, Heretic II
- What I've Done For a Living: Sold electronics and appliances at Montgomery Ward, worked at Disc Jockey, and sold men's suits at JC Penney
- Currently Going to School At: North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND - Computer Science
- Currently Driving: 1985 Honda Accord LX
Desire more? Check out the survey below: (or surveys 1 and 2)
1) Your full name: Brooks Thomas Shannon
2) Your birthday: 02.16.81
3) Your birth place: Bismarck, ND
4) Where you live: currently in Fargo, ND
5) Your siblings names and ages: i'm an only child, so there!
6) Your parents names: Dad/Stepmom - Tom & Sandi ... Mom/Stepdad - Carla & Joe
7) What does your name mean: if only i knew
8) If we were born the opposite sex what would your name be: who's we?
9) Have you ever moved: many a time, yes
10) Your age: 19
11) Color hair: plain, unlively brown
12) Eye color: brown, too
13) Are you right handed or left handed: right
14) food: italian, chinese, mexican foods, yeah
15) movie: Braveheart, Fifth Element, Contact, The Big Lebowski, Stargate
16) song: lots and lots
17) musician/band: many (Led Zeppelin, Dream Theater, Rush, Pink Floyd, etc)
18) type of music: rock (classic, progressive, metal, etc), classical, blues
19) actress: Jennifer Aniston, oh yes
20) actor: Jeff "The Dude" Bridges
21) friend: don't have a favorite - you guys are all cool. you know who you are! 8-)
22) color: blue or green
23) animal: don't really have one
24) book: Dark Tower series by Stephen King, and Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
25) author: see above
26) season: summer - mountain biking and thunderstorms and vacations and camping, yeah!
27) month: May has always been rather sacred i guess
28) sport: uh, no
29) holiday: Independence Day, since fireworks are very awesome
30) T.V. show: History's Mysteries on well, the History Channel...
South Park, and anything else on that grabs my attention
31) Subject: History and/or computer science
32) Time of the day: 10am-2pm. I have no idea why, but it rocks.
Yes or No
33) Are you happy: Comes and goes a lot lately, actually
34) If you were someone else would you be your friend: I think so
35) Are you honest: Most of the time. Except to Dustin and Jarad.
36) Do you like what you look like: Yeah, i'm getting buff, it's sweet
37) Do you drink: Why yes, beer mostly. Southern Comfort is good, too
38) Would you ever skinny dip: Depends on the situation
40) Do you want to move: Depends where. But there are a few places that come to mind...
41) Would you mind having school uniforms: of course
42) Do you like Britney Spears: not really
43) Are you jealous of people: sometimes
45) Do you have a girlfriend: no.... <sigh>
46) If no, do you want one: big time
47) Would you ever sky dive: i've always wanted to, yeah
48) Are you afraid of hieghts: if i could fall and hurt myself, yes
49) Are you afraid of the dark: not really, unless i'm in Jarad's house
50)Do you like your parents: yep - i get along with them really well
51) Do you like your friends: of course
52) Are you innocent: until proven guilty
53) Croutons or Bacon Bits: croutons, if i had to choose
54) Hot dogs or Corn Dogs: Hot Dogs.
55) One pillow or two: gotta have two
56) night or day: day when attending school, night when I'm not.
57) cats or dogs: cats
58) long or short hair: makes no difference
59) Dr. Pepper or Mr. Pibb: Dr. Pepper.
60) Vikings or Timberwolves: n/a
61) video games or tv: TV
62) talking on the phone or going out: uh... going out
63) Big or Small groups of people: small
65) Math or English: english (math is the devilspawn)
66) giving or receiving: both
67) swollen nose or swollen lip: what?
68) dying hair or natural color: Natural
69) Being with people or being alone: times for both, man... too much of either
would get to me
70) sisters or brothers: only child
71) What will be your career: something with computers (programming or heaven forbid, documenting code)
72) Where will you live: Couldn't tell ya... either in North Dakota,
Oregon, or California - unless i get hired somewhere else.
73) What kind of car will you drive: one that doesn't have weird fuel/electrical problems like my Honda
74) What kind of house will you live in: what kind? one that doesn't suck, i guess
75) Who will you marry: I can't say who I will marry... I can always dream of who i will though, haha
76) What kind of pet will you have: cats, dogs, maybe a rodent or two
77) What college will you attend: NDSU. Unless things transpire and I end up switching majors to History.
Which, in that case, i'd probably go to Humboldt State University, if I could afford it.
78) Will you succeed: yeah, baby, yeah!
79) Will you be famous: probably not.
80) How old will you be when you die: old enough to have lived the life I want to live
81) How many kids will you have: good question... maybe one or two
82) What will there names be: i'll get back to you on that
83) What color will be your bride's wedding dress: see answer above
84) Will you have a disc jocky or a live band at your wedding: a live band would be very cool
85) Where will your honeymoon be: argh! too many marriage questions! probably won't end up getting married anyways...
Odds and Ends:
86) What is your pets name: Romeo
87) Are you a morning person: no, not really. i love to sleep in
88) Are you a night person: if i didn't get up at 6am that morning
89) If you were to pick a celebrity to play you in a movie about your who would it be: Samuel L. Jackson
90) What are you scared of: comprehensive final exams
91) What T.V show or Movie best represents your life: nothing, i'm way too crazy
92) If you were to have lunch with anybody dead or alive who would it be: i haven't the slightest
93) What was your best vacation: California, summer 1999
94) If you were to change your name what would it be: Lord Brooks Conconnetodumnus Vercingetorix Addedomaros Shannon IV
95) What are you most proud of: truthfully i'm not proud of anything - i don't have any special talents, nor achievements
96) What are you most ashamed of: nothing
97) Say one thing about the person who sent this to you: heh, i forgot who sent it to me
98) What is your pet peeve: obnoxious people, like the jocks that live next door to me, i hate them
99) Who is one person the world couldn't live without: Carrot Top
100) What are your words to live by: Man is an end in himself